This page collects information and resources about developing Jamoma.
Note that this wiki is split according to the Modules of Jamoma. This is the global Platform wiki.
Module-specific development info is located in the module-wikis, e.g. Jamoma Modular Introduction
GIT Version Control¶
Development on Mac OSX¶
- How to create an XCode project for Jamoma libraries and extensions
- Debugging code in Xcode
- Set up Xcode 4.4 to compile Jamoma
- Installing GCC 4.7 on the Mac
Development on Windows¶
- How to create an individual Makefile for a project?
./build.rbcommand will automatically generate new makefiles based on the YAML project description files. When e.g., switching branches, you might want to rebuild a Makefile without having to rebuild everything else. Here is how it works:
cdinto the Support folder of Jamoma (
makemake.rbwith the path to the library, extension, or Max external as an argument (e.g.,
Doxygen API documentation¶
Coding Standards and Guidelines¶
Topics related to coding style, consistency, and readability in Jamoma C/C++ code.
- C++ Style Guide (i.e. something like http://www.portaudio.com/docs/proposals/014-StyleGuide.html)
- Use of external C++ libraries (including things like libxml, but also Boost)
Creating an installer¶
- Pitfalls for Developers - collects things that can go wrong trying to obtain and build Jamoma from source.