finding stragtegies for testing audio modules
1. Testing the impulse response of an audio module
- the desired output is stored in a wave file of table
- a unit test would start a recording into a buffer~
- sending a click~ to the module
- recording for a given time
- comparing the desired wave file with the content of the test buffer~
2. How to compare?
- Simple sample to sample comparison between desired wave form and test buffer
* Normalized cross correlation between desired wave form and test buffer
- danger if test recording has a starting delay
- what happens if the general gain of the test buffer recoding differs fro the desired recording?
- output would be 1 if the test response would be similar but shifted in the buffer~
- the lag output of the cross correlation shows the delay